What is an air purifier? Why do we need them in our home? The majority of our lifetime is spent indoors, specifically inside our homes. We should ensure our homes provide us with a clean and healthy environment. Germs, pollen, or mold can be present in the air, which can cause health problems short-term and long-term.
How do Air Purifiers Work?
They typically consist of one or more filters and a fan that circulates the air within the building or home. When air moves through the filter, it captures air pollutants and contaminants. With the contaminants removed, clean air gets pushed out. As a result, the more air that passes through the filter, the cleaner your home will be.
What Are Their Benefits?
The EPA estimates that indoor air can be 2 to 5 times dirtier than outdoor air. An effective air purifier will remove contaminants and improve overall cleanliness indoors. Improving air quality in the home can include the following:
- It will help prevent the spread of germs from one person’s room to another. This will allow healthy members of the house to avoid getting sick while staying in close quarters.
- You can say goodbye to odors, as air purifiers help control odor throughout the house.
- Seasonal allergies can be severe for some people, and sometime they can’t escape them by going indoors. An air purifier will keep pollen, mold, and pet dander out of the air, letting their symptoms ease.
- You will notice a decrease in the number of times you need to dust your home as a purifier will slow the rate of dust accumulation.
- Air purifiers can help neutralize smoke, whether this is from a fireplace, tobacco, or cooking.
The Reme Halo Whole Home In-Duct Air Purifier & UV light
The REME HALO® air purifier helps clean the air by distributing ionized hydrogen peroxide molecules to every cubic foot of air in your home. When the ionized hydrogen peroxide comes into contact with air quality contaminants, it quickly breaks them down on the spot. Air contaminants may include bacteria, viruses, mold spores, VOCs, and odors. The system also passes a charge off to dust, dander, and pollen particles, causing them to stick together. The increase in size will allow your existing filter to capture them more efficiently. The REME HALO® air purifier will help keep your home clean by purifying every cubic foot of air.
The best location for your REME HALO® is in the supply plenum, just after the air handler. This allows for optimal operation and full distribution throughout the air-conditioned space.
Contact us if you’re interested in installing an air purifier in your home. Enjoy this spring and summer season, and create a healthy environment for you and your family. If you are concerned about the air quality in your home, give us a call at (877) 452-8527.